ByGeorge Summer Guide 2016
Summer is officially in full swing, which means it’s that time again where we find ourselves out and about and always trying to keep it cool. We rounded up our top spots around ATX to enjoy a swim, grab a cocktail and recharge with a bite to eat!
Photo by Ben Sklar
Where to…Cool Off
-Hamilton Pool…a dreamy natural swimming hole complete with a waterfall.
-Deep Eddy…find us catching rays at this historic pool when the weather is right.
-Barton Springs…year round perfect temps and plenty of lounging room.
-The Greenbelt…after a hike, take a quick dip in Campbell’s Hole.
Where to…Quench Your Thirst
- Clarks Oyster Bar… sit at the marble bar or under the shady trees, you can’t go wrong.
- Weather Up… an NYC specialty cocktail staple with an ATX backyard vibe.
- Hotel San Jose… frozen rose anyone?
- Lustre Pearl… tall boys or cocktails, they have it all!
- The White Horse... an east side Honky Tonk with cold beers and two-stepping.
- Launderette… timeless neighborhood café in a converted laundromat.
- Emmer and Rye… small plates with a focus on local fare.
- Irene’s… whether its early morning or late night, find comfort anytime.
- Elizabeth Street Cafe... have a Bánh Mì and a soda shrub on their sun-drenched patio.